Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

Well its still barely fall, winter is well on its way!! Well for most of us anyway, not here in the Aloha state.. Now don't get me wrong, Hawaii is beautiful and adventurous, but I miss my West Virginia home!  So when I cook I cook things that remind me of all the wonderful things about home. Growing up on an Orchard I mainly think of peach and apple everything, but my Grandma has an amazingly yummy Pumpkin Pie recipe, that to be honest is less fuss than the recipe on the pumpkin puree cans. Super easy I promise!


Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

1 unbaked pie shell
1 can (15oz) canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk (this is where its different)
1/2 tsp. salt
spices of your choice- cinnamon, ginger, and cloves

Mix all ingredients well (except the pie shell that could turn out extremely messy!) I usually use the mixer to just get it mixed well but its not necessary! Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell.  I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on the top just to make it extra pretty.

In a preheated oven of 425 degrees, bake for 15 minutes.  After the 15 minutes have passed reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes.  To check doneness insert a knife and if it comes out cleanly then you're all ready to cool on a cooling rack! Cool completely. Enjoy with some yummy whipped cream or in my case a lot of whipped cream!

I tried to make it all festive and used a cookie cutter to add leaves and a cute little turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment